Martinus is a 100% Australian owned and operated rail construction company working on some of Australia's largest rail infrastructure projects. We are a company that focuses on finding people who are the right fit into our company culture as much having the right skills and experience. We encourage learning, experimentation and out of the box thinking, and we know that fun is a vital element of an engaged and productive workplace. We value the importance of balance between work and family life; and promote this philosophy throughout the company.
- Do you thrive on driving a solution focused environment?
- Are you committed to delivering outcomes that exceed expectations, every time?
- Do you make things happen, get the job done, no matter what?
Martinus are seeking an experienced Commercial Manager to lead the successful delivery of works on rail projects across Australia. This position is an initial 6-12 Month Fixed Term Contract that may extend and can be based at either our Kirrawee or Frenchs Forrest offices.
Jobs Task and Responsibilities
- Lead the development of commercial procurement relationships, systems and practices and the creation of a commercially sensitive and responsible operational environment
- Lead and actively support project business improvement / organisational strategic initiatives
- Participate in the review and assessment of contractual and commercial risks for each project
- Undertake risk and commercial analysis of tenders and bids
- Oversee consultancy and sub-contract agreements
- Provide commercial input into JV, Alliance and Partnership agreements
- Provide specialist advice on claims and contract variation issues for live projects
- Conduct reviews of commercial and financial performance of projects with Project Managers in consultation with the Operations and Construction Managers
- Carry out commercial reviews of bid / tender documents and propose appropriate departures for compliance with company risk profile and commercial limits
- Participate as a team member in preparation of tender submissions and alignment of commercial, price and program issues
- Carry out negotiations on commercial issues leading to contractual close
- Carry out reviews of project team compliance with commercial and financial reporting requirements
- Participate in and manage agreements on commercial issues for joint ventures, alliances and partnerships
- Provide advice to project teams on the administration of contracts and securing entitlements to variations and extensions of time
- Provide advice on and assist in the preparation of contractual claims for ongoing projects
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate insurance cover and certificates of currency appropriate to the project
Knowledge, skills and attributes:
- Tertiary qualifications in Business or equivalent
- Extensive broad-based industry experience
- Training in Performance Management