Martinus is a privately owned company specialising in the delivery of railway infrastructure projects with an industry leading system for project delivery of rail systems construction. We are a company that focuses on finding people who are the right fit into our company culture as much having the right skills and experience. We encourage learning, experimentation and out-of-the-box thinking, and we know that fun is a vital element of an engaged and productive workplace. We value the importance of balance between work and family life; and promote this philosophy throughout the company.
- Do you thrive on driving a solution focused environment?
- Are you committed to delivering outcomes that exceed expectations, every time?
- Do you make things happen, get the job done, no matter what?
We are seeking an experienced Construction Manager to lead the successful delivery of a significant scope of works on a high-profile Auckland civil construction project.
Job tasks and responsibilities:
- Managing and delivering success within all facets of your role including maximising the performance and outcomes of your team and exceeding project expectations
- You will be a key support function of a project team where your well-developed project management, people and stakeholder management skills will be your key accountabilities
- Proven ability to motivate and sustain teams to work toward common goals
- You must be innovative, driven and action oriented - you consistently produce information at a fast pace
- Well-honed and demonstrated planning, organisation and implementation skills
- Proven commercial ability in budgeting, forecasting and reporting
- Ability to drive improvements and efficiencies through innovation and self-initiative
- Demonstrated ability to successfully communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Being proactive in resolving client/engineering and management project issues as/if they arise
- Within this role you will be professional and diplomatic, able to develop and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders including your peers, managers, contractors and clients
Skills and Qualifications
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering, science, building, construction, or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum 10 years major project experience with a strong civil background of structures and bridges
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite and confidence in using relevant software and devices