Martinus is a 100% Australian owned and operated rail construction company working on some of Australia's largest rail infrastructure projects. We are a company that focuses on finding people who are the right fit into our company culture as much having the right skills and experience. We encourage learning, experimentation and out of the box thinking, and we know that fun is a vital element of an engaged and productive workplace. We value the importance of balance between work and family life; and promote this philosophy throughout the company
- Do you thrive on driving a solution focused environment?
- Are you committed to delivering outcomes that exceed expectations, every time?
- Do you make things happen, get the job done, no matter what?
Martinus are seeking a Payroll Officer on a Permanent Part Time basis (3 days per week). This position will be based in our Head Office in Kirrawee, Sydney.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- End-to-end processing of payroll
- Master file maintenance of payroll system
- Updating and maintaining payroll records
- Running payment runs
- Interpreting Awards
- Working with Payroll TAX and PAYG
- Accurate and timely processing of selected payrolls (weekly/monthly) in accordance with payroll deadlines and company policies
- Calculation and processing of termination and redundancy payments
- Processing increases and calculation of back pays
- Liaising with staff and management on payroll related queries and requests
- Payroll Reconciliations and month end reporting
- Time and attendance payroll
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working in Payroll
- Advanced experience using MYOB
- Confident with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- High level organisation with the ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work both autonomously and within a team setting
- High attention to detail with strong accuracy
- Well-developed communication skills, both written and verbal