Martinus is a privately owned company specialising in the delivery of railway infrastructure projects with an industry leading system for project delivery of rail systems construction. We are a company that focuses on finding people who are the right fit into our company culture as much having the right skills and experience. We encourage learning, experimentation and out-of-the-box thinking, and we know that fun is a vital element of an engaged and productive workplace. We value the importance of balance between work and family life; and promote this philosophy throughout the company.
- Do you thrive on driving a solution focused environment?
- Are you committed to delivering outcomes that exceed expectations, every time?
- Do you make things happen, get the job done, no matter what?
We are seeking an experienced Safety Manager to lead the successful delivery of a high-profile Auckland civil construction project.The focus of the role will be to proactively facilitate, implement and support the delivery of all OH&S policies and procedures for the project and enforce the risk management process to the workers out in the field.
Reporting to the Project Manager, responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Assistance with project implementations of safety improvement systems
- Liaising with operational, and management staff to ensure safety management systems are effective
- Assist in the preparation of safety and emergency response plans for operations
- Ensure activities that are observed are carried out in accordance with safety policies and procedures
- Lead, manage and provide training to team members in relation to Safety and Health
- Provide leadership and support in the Quality and Environment areas of the projects
- Review and communicate safe work method statements and undertake risk analysis
- Understand and implement SH&E policies, procedures, and legislative requirements
- Ensure works are planned in consultation with relevant stakeholders to allow timely notifications to the community in accordance with project conditions
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and governance requirements by keeping well-informed of governance and regulatory obligations, taking appropriate actions and supporting the implementation of preventive strategies
- Maintain effective relationships with all stakeholders through professional conduct
- Assist other employees in carrying out their responsibilities by support and example
The successful candidate will possess tertiary qualifications in OH&S, with considerable experience in construction or engineering sectors, as well as advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite and confidence in using relevant software and devices
Furthermore, you will possess well developed people management and influencing skills that encourage staff to perform at optimum levels without compromising on Safety, Quality and Environment.