Martinus is a 100% Australian owned and operated rail construction company working on some of Australia's largest rail infrastructure projects. We are a company that focuses on finding people who are the right fit into our company culture as much having the right skills and experience. We encourage learning, experimentation and out of the box thinking, and we know that fun is a vital element of an engaged and productive workplace. We value the importance of balance between work and family life; and promote this philosophy throughout the company.
- Do you thrive on driving a solution focused environment?
- Are you committed to delivering outcomes that exceed expectations, every time?
- Do you make things happen, get the job done, no matter what?
We are seeking a Senior Estimator to work out of our Kirrawee office, Sydney. Our Senior Estimator is an integral part of the Martinus team, responsible for continuing to grow the Martinus brand as the industry’s best in the delivery of rail turnouts and specialised track solutions.
Job tasks and responsibilities:
- Work from bill of quantities, drawings and other relevant documents to develop the overall cost for Martinus to provide a client or potential client with products or services
- Maximise use of resources, supplier relationships and to produce the best price for the client whilst maintaining profitability for the company
- Present tender details to management as requested
- Timely and accurate estimates
- Understanding and application of Martinus principles
- Assist Operations Manager in the development of Quality, Safety, Environmental and Project Plans Industry knowledge around regulations, standards
- Generate new business and expand client base
- Actively promote Martinus and maintain existing client/supplier relationships by regularly liaising with clients and conducting follow-up
- Maintain client and information confidentiality
Knowledge, skills and attributes:
- 10+ years in rail systems
- High level of competence in relevant Rail Estimator software
- High level of computer skills
- Turnout knowledge advantageous
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Solution focused role with the ability to work independently
- Innovative, driven and action oriented – you consistently produce information at a fast pace
- Well-honed and can manage competing deadlines
- Ability to drive improvements and efficiencies through innovation and self-initiative
- Demonstrated ability to successfully communicate across all mediums
If you're keen to join Martinus, and are committed to making a difference, please send us your resume and a cover letter outlining why we can't do without you.