Martinus is a privately owned company specialising in the delivery of railway infrastructure projects with an industry leading system for project delivery of rail systems construction. We are a company that focuses on finding people who are the right fit into our company culture as much having the right skills and experience. We encourage learning, experimentation and out-of-the-box thinking, and we know that fun is a vital element of an engaged and productive workplace. We value the importance of balance between work and family life; and promote this philosophy throughout the company.
- Do you thrive on driving a solution focused environment?
- Are you committed to delivering outcomes that exceed expectations, every time?
- Do you make things happen, get the job done, no matter what?
We are seeking an experienced Track Supervisor to assist with the successful delivery of a significant scope of works on a high-profile Auckland civil construction project.
Jobs Task and Responsibilities
- Ensure that safe and environmentally acceptable working methods and practices are implemented and that adequate resources are made available
- Ensure that hazards are identified, risks assessed and control measures planned and implemented in consultation with relevant employees.
- Monitor and review the performance of plant, labour and subcontractors to ensure production targets are met.
- Organise, coordinate and direct construction activities in accordance with construction schedules to complete the works on time and within budget
- Ensure all activities are performed in compliance with the requirements of the relevant specifications, codes and standards
- Ensure timely receipt of supervisory reports for progress monitoring and other site performance information as requested by site management.
- Requisition of minor materials and consumables as required.
- Utilisation of planned resources in an efficient manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders if required
- Trade qualification relevant to rail track construction activities.
- Previous experience relevant to the construction track and with previously having held a position of Supervisor or above.
- Sound working knowledge of HS&E requirements
- Strong and proven ability to lead, direct and manage groups of diverse employees.
- Successful candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills.