Martinus is a 100% Australian owned and operated rail construction company working on some of ANZ's largest rail infrastructure projects. We are a company that focuses on finding people who are the right fit into our company culture as much having the right skills and experience. We encourage learning, experimentation and out of the box thinking, and we know that fun is a vital element of an engaged and productive workplace. We value the importance of balance between work and family life; and promote this philosophy throughout the company.
- Do you thrive on driving a solution focused environment?
- Are you committed to delivering outcomes that exceed expectations, every time?
- Do you make things happen, get the job done, no matter what?
Martinus are seeking a Business Development Manager who will be responsible for developing the project pipeline across New Zealand. This role will involve maintaining and building on current relationships with the client, partner, and designer.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage and maintain upkeep of our New Zealand project pipeline
- Develop growth strategies and plans
- Manage and retain relationships with existing clients and increase our client base
- Have an in-depth knowledge of business products and value proposition
- Identify and map business strengths and client needs
- Create new client, partner, and designer contracts
- Communicate regularly with priority clients
- Maintain and build relationships with industry partners
- Negotiate with stakeholders
- Support Business Development Director with tasks
- Attend important events when required
- Generate weekly reports for country and BD Director
- Organise tender kick-off meetings
- Oversee and maintain tenders when required
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- 3-5 years’ experience in Sales/Business Development, preferably in rail construction or infrastructure
- Existing relationships with local government (AT/GWRC) and/or KiwiRail (Preferable)
- Plan and organise workload effectively and ensure deadlines are met
- Communicate clearly and concisely in both written and verbal form
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work without close supervision