Martinus Rail is a 100% Australian owned and operated rail construction company working on some of Australia and New Zealand’s largest rail infrastructure projects. We are a company that focuses on finding people who are the right fit into our company culture as much having the right skills and experience. We encourage learning, experimentation and out-of-the-box thinking, and we know that fun is a vital element of an engaged and productive workplace. We value the importance of balance between work and family life; and promote this philosophy throughout the company.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Developing, implementing, and reviewing environmental health management plans and occupational health and safety plans
• Preparing and implementing plans and strategies for the safe, economic, and suitable disposal of commercial, industrial, medical, and household wastes
• Advising on and enforcing legislation, implementing prevention programs and strategies for communicable diseases, food safety, waste water treatment and disposal systems, recreation, and domestic water quality, contaminated and hazardous substances, and minimising air, sea, water, and noise pollution to improve health outcomes.
• Identifying hazards, and assessing and controlling risks in the workplace
• Developing, implementing, and monitoring programs minimising workplace and environmental pollution involving chemical and physical hazards
• Promoting ergonomic principles within the workplace such as matching furniture, equipment, and work activities to the needs of employees
• Inspecting and auditing workplaces, processes, plant, and chemical and physical hazards for legislative compliance
• Training employees in personal protective equipment and safe working procedures
• Recording and investigating injuries and equipment damage, and reporting safety performance
• Coordinating the return of injured workers into the workplace
Salary: $120,000 - $130,000 + Super
Role: Full Time
- Client relationship;
- Experience in drafting and controlling new documents;
- Ability to understand, analyse and utilise information quickly and logically;
- Strong ability to work within pressure and within extremely tight timeframes;
- Experience in incident/Accidents data collection and reporting;
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills;
- Problem solver with excellent attention to details;
- Honest, hard- working, driven, and committed.
• At least 3 years’ experience in Health & Safety in an Engineering environment.
• Australian civil construction experience is desirable.
If you're keen to join Martinus, please apply to this advert if you hold all the requirements and are interested in the role.