Martinus is a 100% Australian owned and operated rail construction company working on some of Australia's largest rail infrastructure projects. We are a company that focuses on finding people who are the right fit into our company culture as much having the right skills and experience. We encourage learning, experimentation and out of the box thinking, and we know that fun is a vital element of an engaged and productive workplace. We value the importance of balance between work and family life; and promote this philosophy throughout the company.
- Do you thrive on driving a solution focused environment?
- Are you committed to delivering outcomes that exceed expectations, every time?
- Do you make things happen, get the job done, no matter what?
Martinus are seeking a Head of HSEQ to oversee and manage our corporate and project HSEQ policies, systems and procedures, while also promoting continuous improvement and drive safety culture within the business.
The Head of HSEQ will provide advice and support management in driving improvements, identification and management of HSEQ risks across the business.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Drive consistent and continuous improvement in Health, Safety, Environment and Quality practices and standards
- Develop best practice in HSEQ matters across the Business through inspection, audit, investigation and corrective action
- Provide HSEQ leadership, advice and support to all employees and contractors
- Develop, implement, assess and maintain a comprehensive health and safety management system
- Develop health and safety change initiatives to support the business operational objectives
- Partner with all business areas to facilitate positive safety behaviours
- The position also provides advice to support and maintain a safe workplace, while adhering to company policies and applicable laws, regulations and standards
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Demonstrated experience in a Health, Safety & Quality Management role within Rail or Civil Construction
- Formal qualifications in Work Health and Safety (WHS)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessing
- Thorough knowledge of all relevant HSE Legislation
- Demonstrated capability to develop and implement HSEQ improvement programs
- A history of driving improvement initiatives and the ability to influence change