Martinus is a 100% Australian owned and operated rail construction company working on some of Australia's largest rail infrastructure projects. We are a company that focuses on finding people who are the right fit into our company culture as much having the right skills and experience. We encourage learning, experimentation and out of the box thinking, and we know that fun is a vital element of an engaged and productive workplace. We value the importance of balance between work and family life; and promote this philosophy throughout the company.
- Do you thrive on driving a solution focused environment?
- Are you committed to delivering outcomes that exceed expectations, every time?
- Do you make things happen, get the job done, no matter what?
We are seeking a Project Accountant with Rail or Construction industry experience, and who has good SAP and Excel skills with a strong focus on Project Financial Accounting and Reporting. This role is based in Perth on a 6month contract.
The role reports into the Senior Project Manager based in Perth with a strong dotted line into the General Manager Finance – Projects based in Sydney. The ideal candidate will be more than just a numbers person. We are looking for someone with analytical skills balanced by an understanding of how projects and contracts run.
- Month End Project Financial Reporting to Senior Management (Transaction Report with Pivot Tables, Financial Pack)
- Checking SAP Reports (e.g., review cost transactions posted)
- Set up monthly forecast templates and risk and opportunities template
- Pull together Month End Briefing Presentation
- Support to engineers on monthly revenue and cost forecasting
- Year-end financial close
- Create all Client Invoices issued in SAP
- Posting Journals (including Accruals Journal) into SAP
- Assisting with cost codes
- Retention Balance Sheet reconciliation
- Project Cash Flow
- Review and enhance existing project financial and administrative procedures and policies, and ensure that project financial processes are adhered to at project level
- Maintenance of the general ledger and ensuring its accuracy and data integrity
- Adhoc duties as required
- Prioritises workload to ensure deadlines are met
- Maintains a good level of work output
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Pays attention to detail, is thorough and accurate
- Communicates clearly and concisely in both written and verbal form
- Works well with teammates and co-workers
- Ability to foster positive relationship with Manager
- Follows set work procedures and processes
- Completes tasks to a high standard
- Treats colleagues and external associates with dignity and respect
- Behaves honestly, courteously and ethically in all dealings
- Maintains a positive attitude and professional image
- Maintains compliance with safety requirements at all times
- Exhibits positive safety behaviours
- Demonstrates required level of knowledge of equipment and tools relevant to role
- Understands all high-risk activities for the role
Essential skills and qualifications:
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting
- CA/CPA desirable but not essential
- Prior experience within the Rail, Civil or Construction sector
- SAP skills
- Excel (Intermediate level) skills
- Excellent communication skills