Martinus Rail is a 100% Australian owned and operated rail construction company working on some of Australia's largest rail infrastructure projects. We are a company that focuses on finding people who are the right fit into our company culture as much having the right skills and experience. We encourage learning, experimentation and out of the box thinking, and we know that fun is a vital element of an engaged and productive workplace. We value the importance of balance between work and family life, and promote this philosophy throughout the company.
Martinus are currently seeking an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join a high-profile QLD Track and Civil project being delivered in Central QLD, based out of our project office in Milton.
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Preparation and submission of commercial documentation such as extension of time claims, assisting with Quality Assurance documents, etc
- Work closely with project teams in the preparation and agreement of client Payment Claims and evaluating & pricing variations for presentation to the client
- Invoicing clients once payment certificates are received
- Prepare submit and negotiate project final accounts.
- To carry out monthly valuations of work in progress
- Work closely with project team to prepare accurate cost and revenue forecasts and monthly reports
- Prepare subcontractor documents and manage subcontractor packages and payments incl monthly claims, payment certificates, variations, and final accounts
- Responsible for the preparation, updating, monitoring and forecasting of project cash flows, including accountability for cash collection from clients
- Overseeing all project costs/expenditure & revenue
- Identification and recording of commercial risks and opportunities
- Ensure that business commercial processes are adhered to at project level.
- Preparation and submission of monthly commercial reports to senior management
Minimum Skills and Qualification required:
- Bachelor's Degree and/or post graduate qualifications in Quantity Surveying
- Experience using Procore advantageous
- Prior experience within the Rail, Civil or Construction sector
- Advanced computer skills
- Excellent communication skills dealing with a variety of different stakeholders
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to consistently produce accurate information at a fast pace
- Well-honed and can manage competing deadlines
- Ability to drive improvements and efficiencies through innovation and self-initiative
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships