Martinus Rail is a 100% Australian owned and operated rail construction company working on some of Australia's largest rail infrastructure projects. We are a company that focuses on finding people who are the right fit into our company culture as much having the right skills and experience. We encourage learning, experimentation and out of the box thinking, and we know that fun is a vital element of an engaged and productive workplace. We value the importance of balance between work and family life and promote this philosophy throughout the company.
Due to the recent award of numerous projects and company growth we are now looking to add a Senior Quantity Surveyor to our finance team. The role responsibilities will also overlap with numerous responsibilities of a Project Accountant so this experience will also be considered.
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with project teams in the preparation and agreement of client Payment Claims and evaluating & pricing variations for presentation to the client
• Invoicing clients once payment certificates are received
• Prepare submit and negotiate project final accounts.
• Preparation and submission of commercial documentation such as extension of time claims, assisting with Quality Assurance documents, etc
• To carry out monthly valuations of work in progress
• Work closely with project team to prepare accurate cost and revenue forecasts and monthly reports
• Prepare subcontractor documents and manage subcontractor packages and payments incl monthly claims, payment certificates, variations, and final accounts
• Responsible for the preparation, updating, monitoring and forecasting of project cash flows, including accountability for cash collection from clients
• Overseeing all project costs/expenditure & revenue
• Identification and recording of commercial risks and opportunities
• Ensure that business commercial processes are adhered to at project level.
• Preparation and submission of monthly commercial reports to senior management
Minimum Skills and Qualification required:
• A Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
• Experience using Procore advantageous
• Prior experience within the Rail, Civil or Construction sector
• Advanced computer skills
• Excellent communication skills dealing with a variety of different stakeholders
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to consistently produce accurate information at a fast pace
• Well-honed and can manage competing deadlines
• Ability to drive improvements and efficiencies through innovation and self-initiative
• Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships
Minimum Experience Required:
• Atleast 3 years of relevant work experience
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Please note agency submissions will not be accepted.