Martinus is a 100% Australian owned and operated rail construction company working on some of Australia's largest rail infrastructure projects. We are a company that focuses on finding people who are the right fit into our company culture as much having the right skills and experience. We encourage learning, experimentation and out of the box thinking, and we know that fun is a vital element of an engaged and productive workplace. We value the importance of balance between work and family life; and promote this philosophy throughout the company.
- Do you thrive on driving a solution focused environment?
- Are you committed to delivering outcomes that exceed expectations, every time?
- Do you make things happen, get the job done, no matter what?
We are urgently seeking an experienced Track Project Engineer to lead the successful delivery of works on an Auckland based Rail project.
Jobs Task and Responsibilities
- Provide engineering support to the construction teams to facilitate the construction process
- Ensure design deliverables are clearly defined in support of construction and project deliverables
- Provide leadership in constructability review
- Provide accurate and timely reporting on information relating to construction progress in support of planning requirements and the updating of the schedule and schedule review feedback
- Interface and maintain positive relationships with client representatives
- Effectively manage the commercial arrangements with sub- contractors
- Support project construction activity by working closely with the procurement team to ensure that all materials and equipment packages meet the technical specifications of the project and are expedited in alignment with project timelines
- Actively develop work packages in support of project construction activities, defining scope of works, materials and resource requirements
- Provide leadership in the risk management process
- Support and assist the construction team in the execution of the project on time and to budget
- Ensure that all construction is completed in accordance with the Project Quality Management Plan
- Support the engineering and construction teams in a manner conducive to a culture of performance orientation, beyond zero harm and with an attitude of teamwork towards fellow project personnel and best for business outcomes
- Directly influence the safety culture through the promotion of safe work practices to all project personnel
- Demonstrate through own behaviour, a total commitment to project safety policies and procedures
- Influence safety outcomes on site via the continued education of personnel utilising the full range of tools provided in support of their ongoing development of knowledge, attitudes and culture
- Ensure that all reporting personnel are adhering to the safety requirements of the project
- Continually monitor work team, promoting learning and development opportunities in support of current and future project requirements and their own career development opportunities
- Tertiary engineering qualifications
- Proven engineering experience in a related industry
- Experience in track construction
- Planning and scheduling experience generating longer term and hour by hour programs
If you're keen to join Martinus, and are committed to making a difference, please send us your resume and a cover letter outlining why we can't do without you.